Benefits of Dental Implants
As a general practice, our dentists suggest replacing missing teeth as soon as possible to avoid bone loss and other complications. While many treatment options are available, dental implants are still considered the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. Our Lake Elsinore, CA, practice provides a wide range of dental implants that offer the following benefits:
- Prevent bone loss: Loss of teeth leads to bone resorption. Replacement with dental implants prevents further bone loss and stimulates healthy bone production.
- Improve functional aspects: Without one or more teeth, it becomes difficult to bite, eat and speak normally. Dental implants can help to resolve the functional issues of the oral cavity.
- Restore aesthetic appearance: Because dental implants match your natural teeth, they are beneficial to restore the beauty of your smile.
- Prevent facial sagging: Tooth loss often causes sagging of the surrounding facial muscles. Restoration with dental implants can prevent this complication.
- Provide stability: Dental implants also offer support to your adjacent teeth and prevent them from inclining away from their position.
Process of Dental Implants in Lake Elsinore, CA
Scheduling a visit to our esteemed practice is the first step towards attaining your desired dental implants in Lake Elsinore, CA. Upon arriving for your appointment, we will conduct an extensive evaluation of your candidacy and may recommend additional treatments where needed. Once that’s done and you are ready for the implant surgery itself, local anesthesia will be administered to numb the affected area before making a small incision at the site of extraction so as to access underlying bone tissue.
Our Lake Elsinore dentist will drill a hole in your exposed bone to match the size of an implant post, then carefully suture your gums and permit the post to fuse with the surrounding bone. Depending on which type of implant is used, healing takes about 4-6 months for implant before abutments and dental prostheses (crowns, bridges or dentures) can be placed. Upon completion, we’ll provide you with post-op instructions so that you know how best to care for your new implants!
Replace Missing Teeth with Dental Implants
If you’re looking to restore the beauty of your smile due to aging, trauma, or medical conditions, then look no further! Our dental implants in Lake Elsinore, CA, provide natural-looking alternatives that will have you smiling confidently again. Contact us today for a consultation with our experienced specialists and get back to flashing those pearly whites!