Am I A Good Candidate for Dental Crowns?
Minor dental issues and aesthetic flaws can be corrected with restorative fillings. However, dental crowns are a better treatment measure to preserve the remaining tooth structure in cases of extensive tooth damage. Our experts recommend dental crowns in Lake Elsinore, CA, for the following dental concerns:
- Grossly carious teeth
- Broken or fractured teeth
- Teeth with large or old restorations
- Eroded or worn-out teeth
- Severe tooth discoloration
- Teeth with irregular size or shape
- Root-canal treated teeth
- Single dental implants
Call Now & Request
What Are the Different Types of Dental Crowns in Lake Elsinore, CA?
Depending on your dental needs, our skillful dentists will select the type of dental crown that is best for you. At our practice, we offer the following types of dental crowns:
- All metal: These crowns are made entirely with metal alloys. Despite having a poor aesthetic appearance, they provide significant strength and durability. Our team of experts only prefer them for certain cases of posterior teeth that are not visible when smiling.
- All porcelain: These dental crowns are developed from ceramics and resemble the shade of your natural teeth. Due to their fine aesthetic visuals, all-porcelain crowns are much preferred for the restoration of anterior teeth.
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM): These are specialized crowns that utilize the strength of metal and the cosmetic appeal of porcelain. A metal base is present underneath a layer of porcelain that covers on top. These crowns are beneficial for restoring both anterior and posterior teeth.
What Is The Process of Dental Crowns in Lake Elsinore, CA?
The procedure of dental crowns at our clinic requires two appointments. During the initial visit, we will administer a local anesthetic near the affected tooth in order to ensure comfort throughout the process. Once the region is numb and pain-free, our dentists will prepare the teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel. It allows enough space for the dental crowns to fit comfortably over your teeth without disturbing your occlusion. After teeth prep, we will take impressions of your arches and send them to a dental lab to fabricate custom-fit dental crowns.
Once we receive them from the lab, we will call you for a second appointment. During this visit, our team will test the crown fitting in your mouth before cementing it permanently. If any adjustments are needed, we will perform them in the same visit until you are satisfied with your care. Following your treatment, our team will be sure to provide you with direction on maintaining proper oral hygiene in order for the dental crowns in Lake Elsinore to remain long-lasting. We offer a variety of gels and solutions for fluoride treatment at our dental office. To make the treatment more enjoyable for young children, we also provide fluoride solutions in different flavors. Once you have decided on a particular form of application (gel, rinse, foam, or varnish), we will prepare your teeth for the process. Our dentists will apply a coat of the prepared solution on your teeth and leave it for a few minutes. It allows the fusion of fluoride ions with your enamel. After some time, we will rinse the solution. Although a single application is often sufficient, we may call you again to apply another layer for additional protection. When the process is complete, we will guide you on proper brushing techniques to maintain oral health and prevent dental cavities.
Restore Your Teeth with Dental Crowns
If you want to save your damaged teeth and restore them with natural-looking, resilient dental crowns in Lake Elsinore, CA, our specialists are here for you! Our advanced restorative dentistry services provide the perfect solution. Come visit us at our clinic or get in touch with our team today – it’s easy and fast!
Call Now & Request